Here's what we'll be talking about in Valencia. More details – including speakers' names – very soon.
Monday 9 March
09:00 / 13:00–18:00
Deploying DVB-I Services
Get a detailed overview of what it will take to get your DVB-I services up and running, with modules covering: encoding and packaging aspects, DVB-I service lists and programme guides, and DVB-I clients.
Introduction to DVB World 2020 - International keynote presentation;
- Focus on media delivery in Spain, including the LOVEStv platform;
- Review of DVB's newest specs;
- Exhibitor elevator pitches.
INSPIRATION & EXPLORATION
Looking beyond the perimeter of DVB's current work
- How is content production technology evolving?
- How is media consumption behaviour changing?
- Who is best positioned to dominate video delivery in future?
- What can digital TV learn from esports?
Where next for the DVB Project?
Join us in experiencing the culture and tastes of Valencia!
Tuesday 10 March
CASH COW SEEKS NEW PASTURES
DVB's broadcast standards serve as the cash cow for the industry, but can they deliver even more in the years ahead?
- How is Europe's transition to DVB-T2 progressing?
- Is DVB doing enough to serve retransmission use cases? And why are they important?
- When will ATSC 3.0 deliver on its promise?
- How are satellite solutions evolving within and outside DVB?
- What benefits will DVB's forthcoming solutions for Targeted Advertising and Multicast ABR bring for broadcasters?
DVB-I: NOW & NEXT
DVB-I represents a major milestone, promising to make broadband delivery of linear audiovisual content as user-friendly as classical broadcast.
- What does the spec contain and what Verification & Validation is DVB undertaking?
- How can broadcasters take full advantage of the promise of DVB-I?
- Is DVB now looking at native IP delivery?
PANEL: WILD WEST OR WALLED GARDEN?
Service Lists are a core enabler of DVB-I services. This panel will consider contrasting visions of how Service Lists should be managed and regulated.